My First Mother’s Day

11 May

This was my first Mother’s Day ever!!
I woke up to a happy baby and went into the living room where Brett had made me french toast, eggs, coffee and a mimosa! Along with breakfast there was sweet cards from him, the dogs and Neely. He even had the tv turned to a show I like so I could relax for a while!
While I was eating breakfast he and Neely went a few blocks away to the flower stand to buy me flowers!

Isn’t that so cute?? Neely did a great job choosing flowers for me!
The day quickly took a nosedive after that.
To be honest, we were supposed to go to church but I began to meltdown because NOTHING fits me yet and I hate being around people that I know while I feel fat.
Yes, it’s only been 6 weeks since I had a baby and it’s only been a few days since I’ve been okayed by the doctor to workout, but that doesn’t change the fact that I feel fat and I can’t zip up my jeans.
So…that was a problem.
On top of that, Neely started freaking out and we couldn’t calm her down. She was hungry but wouldn’t eat. It took about 2 hours to calm her down enough to feed her.
Needless to say, we missed church. Again.
It sucks, but her comfort is my priority. I will never put her in her car seat screaming from hunger. Ever.
She’s only 6 weeks old for crying out loud!
So we eventually get in the car and go to Island’s for lunch. It was soo good!
I forgot to mention that Brett had been sick the week prior to Mother’s Day and that morning I woke up with a crazy sore throat.
My throat got increasingly worse and I started to feel really rotten.
Since Neely was still asleep, we decided to stop by the mall to buy me something from H&M that actually fits. This was supposed to counteract future meltdowns.
We looked around the store for a while and I had about 6 things to try on buuuuut…the line for the dressing room was about 15 people long and there was NO way I could wait that long feeling as sick as I felt.
So we went home.
Neely woke up and was sick too. She was coughing and sneezing and really congested.
I’ll spare you the minute details but Mother’s Day night consisted of phlegm (Neely), 4 hours of screaming (Neely), sore sore throat (me), coughing (us), sneezing (us) and general misery (us).
My first Mother’s Day will be memorable but for the wrong reason!
The great thing, though, is that I actually got to “mother” on Mother’s Day! I had the privilege of taking care of my sick sweet baby. And for that, I feel so incredibly blessed.
Brett said we’re going to have a Mother’s Day do-over once Neely and I are 100%!
Today, she feels a little better but I feel worse. Thank God for Tylenol Severe Cold medicine or else I’d be laying in bed coughing up my lungs.

I hope all of you pregnant and new mommies had an awesome Mother’s Day!
And to those of you who are mothers to angel babies, I hope you were able to get some love and recognition that you too are moms. I love you all.


2 Responses to “My First Mother’s Day”

  1. La Vonda Gollner 05/12/2010 at 9:09 am #

    I am right there with u sis. After Ocean it took a few months to go back to size. Diego is another story 3 years later, I am gonna have to consider drastic measures soon :)

  2. CZ 05/12/2010 at 11:25 am #

    Your first Mother's Day started out so perfectly. What a sweet and thoughtful husband – a do-over – I love it :)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: